I have started this blog to be able to journal our homeschool journey as well as the journey we are on to be more like Christ. I will keep up with what is going on in homeschool and what is going on with our post homeschoolers (our college kids) and how we try to make all of this work.
A quick recap of the last couple of weeks: as it has become our custom and I don't have any idea why it seems to work out this way, we went to the zoo at the beginning of the school year. This past week I have been ordering books, and having to rework a curriculum for U.S. History because the teacher I thought was going to teach this class at a local church has backed out. I have also discovered that the Physics I had picked out and purchased is not going to work. Ds is going to have to finish algebra before taking it. SOOO that means that I am on the look out for a new science curriculum also. He is wanting to take anatomy and I'm fine with that. It's just a matter of finding the books.
Also my sweet dd will begin kindergarten this year. I am excited about homeschooling her. I want learning to be so fun to her and she is so smart already. And she loves Jesus and is so mindful of what the bible says about this or that. Learning is a beautiful thing...
But also on my plate over the next two or three days is trying to get items together for the children's consignment sale coming up. I plan to get things together for the sale and be very specific about what I will purchase for the two younger ones so that I can hopefully have the left over money to buy clothes and what not for the older kids. I am looking forward to working on this blog and using it as a kind of accountability tool as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment