Monday, December 28, 2015

Gratitude

I have found myself grumbling and complaining and being dissatisfied with people, events, situations, children, my work...so many things. I was just in a constant state of always being not good enough, things not going the way I want or dealing with unwanted interruptions. After thinking this over I decided to do a word study on thanksgiving, thankfulness and gratitude in my bible.
I have decided to keep a gratitude journal of sorts. My goal is to list atleast 3 things each day that I am thankful for. My hope is to live each moment more in the present, appreciating each moment, each day and especially each person. I am hoping an added benefit will be to reduce stress and increase joy.
Today I am thankful that my lovely daughter is married to wonderful young man. A young man who would, after being almost to work and hearing that the doctor wants her to come in, turned around to puck her up and take her. See she is 39 weeks pregnant and wasn't feeling good, she was worried and called the doctor. He is a pharmacist and without him, there is no pharmacy. He could have told her to call me or her dad. But he didn't. Today, I am thankful my daughter is married to a man of high caliber who puts my daughter first.
I am also thankful for something else. I am thankful today for a relationship with my husband. The kind of relationship where we no longer hold grudges against one another. One where we can have harsh words with each other and simply walk past them and have a fresh encounter with each other the very next time we have an exchange. It has taken a long time to get to this point. Our pride has gotten in the way for so long.
I know that is only two but that is where I will start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment